- Open Mic Poetry or any form of poetry group/club/gathering
- Get the tattoo I want, even if I know some people won't approve.
- I wish I could wear the style of clothes I love without hearing "Stupid fat bitch" in my head.
- I wish I had the courage to work out a new form of comfort, one that doesn't involve food. I wish I had the courage to see if I could change it without my edible hug becoming my liquid hug.
- I wish I had the courage to trust unconditionally. To not rely on self protecting behaviours and attitudes. I wish I had the courage to offer myself to it without worrying about what might go wrong.
Tuesday, 17 April 2012
Listable Life - 5 things I wish I had the courage to do.
I have been following Nicole's Listable Life lists, well I've been lurking in the background, reading but not taking part. This week though, I am stepping forward - 14 weeks late. Mine are short, I'll start easy and see where I end up...
Posted by LatteJunkie at 18:14
Labels: Listable Life
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I approve of the tatt :P and I think most of us hear 'stupid fat bitch' in our heads! xReplyDelete
Go for the tatt!! Ok, who am I kidding, I would be a big baby about the pain. But, if you can get through that, I say go for it! :-) Trust is a tough one. It's very difficult to give it up unconditionally - but find a deserving few and it's worth it. As for the clothes - half the battle is confidence and unfortunately we truly are our own harshest critics - find what you feel good in and then be good to yourself and praise yourself and walk proud.ReplyDelete
Thanks for linking up!!! So nice to "meet" you!
I think a Tattoo would be awesome!!!! I've just never been able to come up with something I want on my body forever. If you know what it is, I say go for it!!!!! ps- love the title. always glad to find a fellow caffeine addict!!!ReplyDelete
I got my first tattoo last year... I had been planning it and wanting it for ages, and my husband got so darn sick of hearing me talk about it...that he bought me vouchers for Christmas...hahaha so I couldn't back out then. And you know what. I kept waiting and waiting for some pain, but it was not very sore at all... I am thinking I might like to get another soon! ;)ReplyDelete
(oh my tattoo is on my left inner wrist... it has a kinda heart/koru type pattern that signifies me, hubby, our kids and our parents..and above it on the left is a script written "A" (for Asher my son) and on the right a script written "K" (for my daughter Kendyl).
I got my first tattoo when I was 18 and let me just say, it's like an adrenaline rush (then I got another one and I want one more). It hurts at first, then it's numb. I love both of the ones I have because they are symbols of where I was at, at that point in my life. They are fun! Go for it!ReplyDelete
#3 is so me too! Which is a shame cuz I've completely lost the love of clothes that I had as a teenager. Sigh. Going to have a looky look (lurk!) at those list thingees, thanks for the link.ReplyDelete
Love what you do <3