So this is where I am.
- Flowers for the funeral and my mom - check. *
- Eulogy agonised over and written, rewritten and edited through snotty glasses - check
- Short attention span - check
- Short temper with Monkey - check
- Random outbursts of anger - check
- Even more random tears - check
- Flare up of my Ank Spond - check
- Sickening pangs of regret - check
- Increasing lack of respect for members of my extended family - check
- Increased gratitude to commenters here and friends on Facebook for their kind words - check
- The overwhelming desire to stay in bed and eat my not-insignificant body weight in chocolate - check
- The desire to virtually shake some sense into people whilst trying to order food for the wake - DOUBLE FRIGGING CHECK. *
At wits end last night I posted an appeal on good old FB for some help and a dear friend will pay for the eats and I'll transfer the funds to her. This is one way I can feel helpful and part of it.
So throw in a bit of normality of parks and shopping for Monkey and you have the last three days. Oh and throw in the worst storm (horizontal rain and 150km wind gusts) we've seen in ages and that's me in a nutshell.
I'll restart the 30 Days of Truth later tonight.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I try to reply to as many as I can either here or by email. <3 LJx