1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
I felt the need to get the crazy out and had read a few blogs where the bloggers did just that. So I started a blog as it's cheaper than therapy.
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
At the moment Pinterest but I love recipe books and blogs about food.
3. Your greasiest, batter – splattered food/drink book is?
My netbook. Poor thing nearly died an untimely death last week when I was following a recipe on it, scrolling down and using a beater at the same time and helping Monkey get something out the cupboard! Actual book though would have to be the recipe book collated by my Mum's church which she sent me... It's been so well used that the pages are stuck together.
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
Annoyingly I have only been to very "english" countries but I guess the best would be the rotis at Mamak in Sydney, venison stew in Cornwall and Potjie in South Africa.
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
A cleaner? All kidding aside I would love a mandolin or a microplane to zest lemons and grate garlic. If pots count as "gadgets" can I add Le Crueset dutch oven to the list too please :)
7. Who taught you how to cook?
My grandmother, Mrs Smalberger (home ec teacher) and google!
8. I’m coming to you for dinner what’s your signature dish?
Steak with blue cheese and garlic sauce, smashed garlic potatoes and a salad followed by cinnamon scrolls.
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
Cheese and really ridiculously gooey desserts.
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I'm hoping this is meant to be cooking related - I can't boil an egg and I have trouble making custards.
Finally…tag 5 other bloggers with these questions…like a hot baked potato…pass it on!
I absolutely love my Mandolin, you must get one!!ReplyDelete
Love trying different foods. Boiling eggs to the right consistency is a challenge!ReplyDelete
LOL Okay but it will have to be later this week - I have other posts planned already. :)ReplyDelete
Great post! Thanks for the tag :-) I'll do mine for today :-)ReplyDelete
Loved your comment on my blog, i would happily chat Le Crueset all day with you. I collect red. I hear you sister, i want to come across as one of those 'interesting' mums when i'm the ONLY mum in the conversation, ditto my fashion. We'll get there, let's start a new movement. Love PosieReplyDelete
Oh your signature dish sounds so yummy! Thanks for the challenge!ReplyDelete