- Separation in NZ lasts two years. You cannot get divorced before then unless you can categorically prove the wedding/marriage was forced.
- It is hard to get a lawyer. Very hard, if you are a SAHM. If you can settle on something on your own. Do.
- No amount of visitation will ever seem right.
- It's hard to wallow when you have a four year old.
- Your dearest friends know just what to say and do.
- Crying in your living room in the dark, is strangely therapeutic.
- You can't force yourself to change your feelings towards someone, no matter what they do or say.
- If you are looking at getting support in the form of a benefit - there are places that are there to tell you exactly what you can claim and how to do it. They are not called WINZ...
- You can physically feel your heartbreaking. It can break over and over again.
- No matter what I feel, I can always be positive about Captain Awesome to Monkey. Even when I am curled up in a ball and sobbing.
- I have very little confidence in myself.
Saturday, 17 November 2012
Things I have learnt in the past 4 weeks.
Posted by LatteJunkie at 19:58
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Im sori youre going though thisReplyDelete
praying for you
Oh I'm so sorry you are going through this! Have been through the same a number of months ago. One of the hardest things I've ever done. Email me if you want! Maybe we can meet up for a coffee!ReplyDelete
xxx no words xxxReplyDelete
What a raw and honest post. I guess in time the tears and sobbing will give way to new hope for the future. Thinking of you tonight xxReplyDelete
I promise you, it gets better. And that has a money back guarantee!ReplyDelete
You and Monkey are always in my thoughts , you are amazing person and a amazing friend. I and your other friends will be here when you need us. I may be the other side of the world but we have Skype and email . XReplyDelete