- Separation in NZ lasts two years. You cannot get divorced before then unless you can categorically prove the wedding/marriage was forced.
- It is hard to get a lawyer. Very hard, if you are a SAHM. If you can settle on something on your own. Do.
- No amount of visitation will ever seem right.
- It's hard to wallow when you have a four year old.
- Your dearest friends know just what to say and do.
- Crying in your living room in the dark, is strangely therapeutic.
- You can't force yourself to change your feelings towards someone, no matter what they do or say.
- If you are looking at getting support in the form of a benefit - there are places that are there to tell you exactly what you can claim and how to do it. They are not called WINZ...
- You can physically feel your heartbreaking. It can break over and over again.
- No matter what I feel, I can always be positive about Captain Awesome to Monkey. Even when I am curled up in a ball and sobbing.
- I have very little confidence in myself.
Saturday, 17 November 2012
Things I have learnt in the past 4 weeks.
Posted by LatteJunkie at 19:58