This is a letter for you, filled with as much love and hope and advice I can possibly fit into this little space. Why? Because this is your last birthday as just you, not yet a mom. What better gift than some advice I would be sharing with you over a cup of coffee and cake, if I weren't here and you weren't there.
I love you.
You are going to be an amazing mother. Never forget that. Even at 3am after seemingly no sleep and five hours of constant crying....
- Meconium is gross and sticky. Cover Bean's bum with vaseline... trust me.
- After baby is born, if you have stitches, you may want to sit on the loo backwards...
- SKIN ON SKIN as often as you can!
- Baby sleeping bags are the bomb! I loved them.
- Some babies do sleep better on their tummy, we compromised with sleeping on his side with a wedge.
- Rescue Remedy can be your best friend if you are anxious.
- You can change your mind about any thing at any time.
- Don't sweat the small stuff!
- Remember to eat - you're important too!
- Sleep when baby sleeps.
- You can’t spoil a baby by holding them when they cry.
- Remember to drink water
- If it's not working for you change it. If it’s working for you but not for someone else, don’t change.
- In the first three months whatever works, works. Don’t over think it.
- Sleep is sleep.
- Make some meals before Bean gets here and keep them in the freezer.
- Cuddle her OFTEN
- Kiss her toes for me.
- Give Mr MusicMan lots of love too.
- Let him help. Even if he does it differently to the way you would.
- Banana stains.
- You can do this.
- Breast or bottle or formula - it doesn’t matter as long as you are ok with the method and baby is gaining. Don’t feel guilty for choosing.
- Don’t rush solids.
- Take time to enjoy being a mum.
- If you’re still in your PJs at dinner time - it’s ok. But if it happens too often, try and work out why.
- You are going to either be a poo, puke or blood person - don’t panic if you can’t handle all three.
- Avocado stains.
- Remember that advice is just that - advice. it is not gospel!!!
|Source: google.com via LatteJunkie on Pinterest|
Remember too that I love you and I am here for you. On FB or on skype or text. I love you and wish I could be there with you.
Have a wonderful birthday!
What a wonderful friend you are! Happy Birthday to your pal.ReplyDelete
Wow, this is fabulous and all so, so true x what a great friend you are xReplyDelete
That's a lovely post!ReplyDelete
So brilliant! xReplyDelete