Google's Crisis Centre
Minute by minute updates from Christchurch.
What you need to know - where to find people, what to donate, where to donate etc
Collection of social media updates with live links to bigger stories...
How to reassure children - from Nigel Latta's FB page... useful for everyone.
|NZH - click for more images
Where I am at...
I haven't switched on the TV today and have only listened to the radio. I am still feeling shaky (pardon the pun) and I am more aware that
- Our neighbourhood only has one link to the rest of town (Will the bridge hold?)
- Stud1 works 40 kilometres away (would he get back to us?)
- Stud1 works on the 11th floor. On a hill that was built by the last major quake in Wellington
- We live directly opposite to a faultline. The island in the road is the fault line :(
- I was more worried about a tsunami
- Our emergency kit is sorely lacking (why are the needed things so expensive to buy - gas stoves etc...)
- I don't have an emergency plan together
- None of my close friends live in our neighbourhood...
- I am scared.